★    KEY TERMS

banking hours 銀行營業時間

online banking 網路銀行

account (銀行)帳戶

loan 貸款

debit card 簽帳金融卡

 

★    Is there any service charge? 需不需要付手續費?

Paula:I'd like to open a checking account.

我想開個支票戶頭。

Clerk:Certainly. Just fill out this application form and I'll issue you a passbook.

沒問題,先填申請單,然後我們就可以發存摺給您。

Paula:Is there any service charge?

需要收手續費嗎?

Clerk:Not if you maintain the minimum balance of 500 dollars. Otherwise, you'll be charged 50 cents for each check you write.

如果帳戶維持最低500 美元餘額的話,就不需要,否則您每開一張支票,我們要向你收費50 分錢。

 

★    How do I write a check? 怎麼寫支票?

Sam:How do I write a check? I’ve never written one before!

怎麼寫支票?我從未寫過一張支票!

Sally:Oh, it’s simple. Who is the check for?

喔,那簡單,你支票要寫給誰?

Sam:My nephew in Canada.

給我在加拿大的姪子。

Sally:So you need to write his full name here, the date here, and the amount of the check in numbers and words.

所以你需要在支票上寫你姪子的全名、開票日期、再用阿拉伯數字和文字寫下支票金額。

Sam:Okay, done! Anything else?

寫好了。還有什麼要寫的嗎?

Sally:Sign the check at the bottom. That’s it!

在支票底部簽名,這樣就可以了。

---

※本文節錄自《彩圖實境生活英語Just Say It(32K軟精裝+2MP3)

※延伸閱讀:

[講堂] 在飯店住宿

[講堂] 談論住宿

[講堂] 談論旅遊


好書推薦