★    KEY TERMS

caller 打電話者

answer the phone 接聽電話

put someone through 為人轉接

on the line/on the phone 電話中

take a message 為人留言

 

★    Ill put you through. 我為您轉接。

May:Good morning. Sky-High Travel. This is May speaking. How can I help you?

早安,高空旅遊。我是梅。很高興為您服務。

Caller:Hello. Is Graham available, please?

您好,請問葛拉漢在嗎?

May:Graham who? Do you know his surname?

哪一位葛拉漢?請問您知道他的姓嗎?

Caller:Motson. Graham Motson in the ticketing department.

默生。票務部的葛拉漢.默生。

May:I'll put you through.

好的,我為您轉接。

Caller:Thanks a lot.

謝謝。

 

★     Can I take a message for her? 需要幫她留言嗎?

Zola:This is Zola speaking.

我是左拉。

Edward:Is Nancy Tudor there?

請問南西.帝舵在嗎?

Zola:Sorry, Nancy’s in a meeting. Can I take a message for her?

很抱歉,南西正在開會。需要幫她留言嗎?

Edward:Yes. could you ask her to call Edward, please? She’ll know what it’s about.

好的,可以請她打電話給愛德華嗎?她知道是什麼事。

Zola:Sure, I’ll do that. Does she have your number?

好的,我會轉告,她有您的電話號碼嗎?

Edward:I think so, but I'll give it to you. It's 0915-853822.

我想應該有,不過我還是給你好了:0915-853822。

---

※本文節錄自《彩圖實境生活英語Just Say It(32K軟精裝+2MP3)

※延伸閱讀:

[講堂] 在醫院

[講堂] 在銀行

[講堂] 在美髮沙龍


好書推薦